Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Remembering Achtung Baby

I was in the shower today and started thinking about Achtung Baby, which I would say was U2's last great album. A lot of their singles weren't huge except for "One" and "Mysterious ways," but here's a couple other goodies off that album.

"The Fly"



"Even Better Than the Real Thing" - This video I really liked only 'cause of that awesome revolving camera shit they used. I never got how they exactly did that going in between legs and stuff. Then again, I never really gave it too much thought.



"Zoo Station" - Their tour for this album was centered around TV, where the message was "watch more TV." I'm guessing they were trying to tell you to learn and explore the world and universe through tv much like I feel should be done with the internet. So they're bombard you with tv images from their "ZOO TV" station on HUGE tvs and then they'd start rocking out. This video is not from that tour. I believe this is actually from the Vertigo tour.

No comments: