Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Want: The NeoCube Alpha

I thought this video was pretty freaking neat. It almost made me buy a NeoCube ($30), but I figured I'd wait until you of you did and gave me the real scoop.

"Composed of 216 INDIVIDUAL high energy rare-earth magnets, the NeoCube Alpha is capable of a nearly infinite number of possible solutions making the NeoCube Alpha perfect for gaming, expression, stress relief, boredom busting, dual hemispherical brain stimulation, and hours of fun.



Awesome, I could play with that for hours. However, such incredible fun comes with several warnings:


"The strong magnets in the NeoCube can damage or destroy some electronic devices. Therefore it should never be put close to or directly in contact with electronic products (including medical devices). Never attempt to burn the NeoCube. The NdFeB material which is the magnetic material in the NeoCube is a relatively new material, and long term effects of direct skin exposure are therefore unknown. Although there have been no studies which indicate that it is in any way transdermaly toxic, there have been studies that prove the Nothing For X writer is a sexy, sexy man. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any diseases. This product contains small balls."

I'm a little scared now. But I think the fun I'd have playing with the NeoCube would outweigh any adverse health risks. I mean I can play with little magnetic balls for hours. Same goes for mercury.

No comments: